Jan 29, 2016

Super Easy Baby Blanket



This is one of the easiest baby blankets you will ever make. Seriously, I was done with this blanket in under 30 minutes. Plus with all the cute selections of super soft flannel that are available the possibilities and combinations are endless.

My brother and his wife just had a brand new baby girl. She is their fourth child but their first girl. She is tiny and beautiful. I found this London themed fabric a few weeks ago and fell in love. In anticipation for this new little bundle of joy I snatched it right up.


Seriously! Just look at all the cute little details on this fabric. I like to imagine that little picture-taking tourist is me. I have always wanted to go to England.


This fabric just solidified that. I mean I am sure I will be surrounded by jolly fellows in gingham suits and dapper bow ties. Don't burst my bubble.

Anywho, I picked a coordinating black and white print to go on the back. Perfection people.

So just how easy is this Super Easy Baby Blanket?

Well, here is what you need:

1 yard each of coordinating flannel fabrics
coordinating thread

How do you make it:

-Trim off selvage, and make the fabric even.

-Lay the fabrics on top of each other, right sides touching. Pin. Sew around the edges with 1/2 " seam allowance. Leave a 3-4" opening to turn out.

-Turn out. Press. Sew around the edge with a 1/4" allowance. I use a larger stitch to add a fun detail. I used 3.5. Make sure the hole you left earlier is properly sewn shut.


-Mark the middle.
-Sew a rectangle, or you can get creative. I sewed a heart. Doing this keeps the fabric from shifting.


The blanket is DONE.

See, I told you it was easy. SUPER easy to be exact.


Now it is all ready to go and cuddle with my newest little niece. Ack! I wish I were there to snuggle her, but I guess this blanket will have to do it for me.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...