May 19, 2015

Homemade Croutons


It will be a cold day in you know where when I give up bread. Bread is grand. I know carbs are supposed to be evil, but I just ain't buying it.

Do you wanna know what is better than just plain old bread? A loaf of chewy, delightful French bread turned into croutons, that is what.

Months and months ago I was watching an episode of The Pioneer Woman on Netflix while I was up late prepping for Middle's Woodland Theme Baptism. In one of the episodes she was making a restaurant style steak dinner. One of the items on the menu was a delightful Caesar salad with homemade croutons. The concept was not a new one. Perhaps since it was late at night and I was feeling especially peckish it seemed brilliant and extremely necessary that I have homemade croutons. I told myself I would get right on that as soon as everything settled down.

 You know what I have determined? Nothing ever settles down. For whatever reason, today I decided I really wanted a Caesar salad with some homemade croutons. I wasn't sure how to go about it and the original show was completely out of my mind. So after searching out a few ideas and then changing things up a bit, I came up with this recipe.

First off let me warn you these are good enough that you will attempt to eat them without the salad. Try to save at least some for the salad. They really do make the salad spectacular. I promise.


These are so very, very easy to make.

You need:

French bread
butter
olive oil
salt
pepper
Parmesan Reggiano cheese

So easy. These are so yummy and take barely any time. They make any salad that much better.


Follow along with Just Another Day in Paradise
Instagram        Facebook        Pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...