Oct 2, 2014

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie


Nothing beats a really good chocolate chip cookie...and in turn nothing beats really good chocolate chip cookie dough. Just saying people. Anyway, before I hear too much about how I shouldn't eat the dough I will move back to the chocolate chip cookies themselves.

I am not a huge dessert person. There are very few desserts I have a hard time passing up. Brownies come in first. Then comes chocolate chip cookies. However, not just any chocolate chip cookies.

These chocolate chip cookies are my favorite and unbelievably hard for me to pass up. I have been making this recipe for years and years. You know, the make-it-by-heart-in-my-sleep years and years.

Which is why I try not to make them all the time, and I always try to deliver at least half to a cookie-loving neighbor.


These are my favorite chocolate chip cookie because they are rich, dense, and taste like cookie dough in baked cookie form. They are glorious people. Simply and divinely glorious.


My Little Men think I am a baking guru all due to these cookies. Heaven knows I don't bake enough to make me an actual guru. One bite of these cookies though and it doesn't matter that I don't bake much. The taste of this cookie is all they focus on.

Their feelings, and I quote, "You make good cookies mom!" Preach it boys.


Give these cookies a try. I am fairly certain you won't be hatin' life if you do.

ENJOY!

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Our Best Bites

3/4 cup (12 Tablespoons) of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Mix the melted butter and the sugars until fully incorporated.

Add in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.

Mix in the dry ingredients. Add in the chocolate chips.

Scoop onto a parchment lined cookie tray. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.

Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.

Follow along with Just Another Day in Paradise

Instagram        Facebook        Pinterest

1 comment:

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Yum! These look delicious!

Pinning to my Cookie board!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...