Aug 7, 2014

Shrimp Tacos


These Shrimp Tacos are ridiculous! Ridiculously awesome. Ridiculously easy. Just ridiculous I tell you.

Let me tell you a little story about how I was introduced to these lovely shrimptastic tacos.

First, a little back story. I am not a huge fan of shrimp. Or at least that is what I always thought. In the last couple of years I have had a few encounter with shrimp and much to my surprise I really rather liked it. Now all of those times the shrimp was fried. So naturally I liked it, because well who doesn't enjoy things fried?

The answer--very few of us do not enjoyed things fried.

I still convinced myself that I did not like shrimp unless it was fried.

So that is my back story. Fascinating I know. Jump to a few months ago when I was introduced to these awesome Shrimp Tacos.

I was in my backyard hanging with the Little Men. They were playing and playing and playing some more. We had already been outside all afternoon. As they kept playing I realized I hadn't even started dinner. Oh well, no one was complaining.

My backyard neighbor saw us outside and walked on over. Our yard is gloriously open to several other yards and our neighbors are just as glorious. She walked on over and we chatted for a bit. We chatted about Summer days. We chatted about how we both loved being outside in the sunny weather. Then it came up that I loved being outside so much that I hadn't even planned dinner.

Then she told me about her dinner and how yummy it had been. You guessed it, her dinner had been shrimp tacos. I said, "Oh yum!" She said, "Hey I still have some, let me go make you one!"

Then we went back and forth with the obligatory, "No you shouldn't" and "I insist".

The conversation ended with her running into the house and bringing me out a plate of shrimp tacos.


They were delicious. So delicious, I called her a week later and asked her how she made them. Then I made them for the whole family. The whole family loved them.

I have now made them several times. You know what this means? I guess I like shrimp.

I played around a bit and a new addition I made to the recipe was adding a bit of avocado sour cream. So good!

Give these Shrimp Tacos a try. They are so delightful.


Shrimp Tacos

1 pound of small/medium shrimp, peeled and tails cut off
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
McCormick's Grill Mates Mesquite Seasoning
1 packaged Spanish style yellow rice, prepared
shredded cabbage
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
1 ripe avocado
corn tortillas

Prepare the avocado sour cream by mashing up one ripe avocado and mixing in 1/4 cup sour cream. Salt to taste. Set aside.

Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium high heat. Melt the butter. Add in the garlic and saute for a minute. Add in the shrimp. Toss. Then let the shrimp cook on one side for 2-3 minutes. Then turn over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is pink. Sprinkle generously with the Mesquite seasoning. Toss to coat. Let cook 1 more minute. Remove from pan.

Serve shrimp immediately over a warmed corn tortilla. Layer the corn tortilla with a spoonful of rice, shredded cabbage, shredded cheese, 4-5 shrimp, and a dollop of avocado sour cream.

Go ahead and make yourself a couple. They are just little tacos after all.

Enjoy!!!

Follow along with Just Another Day in Paradise

Instagram        Facebook        Pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...